Job Title & Summary
There is a lot of crappy software on the web. Help to break that pattern by producing high quality, craftsman-style web applications that will delight users and solve their problems. Port Light Technology is looking to hire a software engineer as a contractor on a per project basis. If the idea of being chained to a desk from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm every day with no regard to the amount of work you do is not appealing, this contractor position might be for you. You will have the opportunity to take personal ownership of the projects and your work, allowing your skills and creativity to shine. Your work will make a difference and have a direct impact on the customers and users that you serve.
- Take a project with limited requirements, gather the necessary information, and turn it into a finished product.
- Assist in developing requirements for a web development project.
- Develop, document, test, and deploy web applications that are cross browser compatible, adhere to security best practices, and meet performance requirements.
- Manage multiple projects at once, and deliver projects on schedule.
Port Light Technology has a high performing team made up of the founder and a small number of contractors with outstanding skills.
Skills & Qualifications
- Laravel a plus, but not required
- WordPress development a plus, but not required
The ability to get things done, work independently without supervision as well as in a virtual team environment, and learn quickly are more important than any specific technology.
Founded in December of 2012, Port Light Technology is a boutique web development company that is growing rapidly. We help small to medium businesses meet their goals through quality web applications.
Anywhere you choose. We are a virtual team.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] with:
- Your resume and contact information.
- Why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Your career goals.